The commonly used stones are granite, marble, bluestone, sandstone and so on. Stone is hard and weatherproof, and is the main material of large-scale commemorative sculpture. What are the methods of carving stone carvings?
1. Handmade sculptures. That is, products carved by hand tools such as chisel, hammer and brazing.
2. Semi-mechanized processing of carvings. That is to say, part of the stone carving is handmade and part of the stone carving is mechanized.
3. Fully automatic NC machining of carvings.
4. Sandblasting carvings. Use sandblasting engraving machine for engraving. Sandblasting engraving machine uses air machine (air pressure 5-6kg/m2) and emery jet to engrave at the engraving site.
5. Chemical etching carvings. That is to say, the chemical reaction between the chemical corrosive solution and the stone is used to carve the stone. There are two kinds of relief carving and concave carving.